Something we have been praying about is if we are to switch countries after reading this news posted on Guatadopt:
Sept 10, 2008
Go to this link for the rest of the statement:
It states the new adoption will not open this year and when and if they do reopen preference will be given to place children with Guatemalan families.
I must say reading this was a blow to my emotions.
A good friend reminded me to hear from God and not be like Sarah and Abraham and try to make things happen on our own. Another new friend reminded me about God's timing. Being in what feels like limbo is wearing on me, on our family. We feel like unless it is transparent , 100% clear to switch at this time we will stay with Guatemala until the contract expires in February. I am so thankful for the prayer support. I know it is carrying us when we are feeling weak. Please pray for the Lord to encourage our hearts as we continue to wait for our daughter.